View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 05:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Come on, you can't do only a Top 5!! I was trying to put 5 but only from the first albums with her I counted more! My Top 5 of Chris' angelical songs is:

- Brown Eyes. The amazing vocals of Chris at her best, with Peter's guitar at the end, and that hypnotic melody from the beginning
- Love In Store. A perfect way to open an almost perfect album. Lindsey and Stevie Nicks' backing vocals are simply a good complement to the song
- Come A Little Bit Closer. One of the most romantic and beautiful ballads I even heard!! Bob Welch solo, another good moment there!
- Hollywood (Another Kind Of Town). Chris at a more mature way, talking about her "negative"? to take part on the Time project. It has a good time extension, and pretty lyrics too
- Sooner Or Later. Simply perfect. One of her best songs ever. And it's incredible to know that she recorded it alone, just with a session guitar player and not so much, and then the rest added their parts and completed a truly masterpiece...

And my special mentions go to:
- Everywhere. A classic one, every year when I hear it I find it fresh and sticky!
- Over & Over. Another good one, to break the Rumours' atmosphere and introduce us to the Tusk days
- Homeward Bound. Christine as a rocker?? Yeah! A good rock song in a good album like Bare Trees.
- Wish You Were Here. (I said it before) The perfect way to close an almost perfect album. Long, emotional, and the piano mixing with the guitar is simply awesome...
- Warm Ways. One of my favourite ballads from FM, a good work of Lindsey on guitars
I like that you included Love In Store. It almost made my list. It has always been one of my favorite songs. The bouncy beat, the harmonies, and the lyrics make be melt Its pure pop perfection. I love how Chris bounces while singing it live. The band almost sounds like a doo wop band the harmonies are so good. Its a killer live too. I know the band spent a fortune on 2 videos for Mirage and the band was not getting along but it was a miss not to do a video for this song. In peak MTV time there were no songs in the top 20 without a video. A video could have launched Love In Store into the top 10. It was a huge medium to promote and get airplay. Of course the band did not mind, they wanted to hurry up and just finish the Mirage tour and go their separate ways.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-21-2022 at 08:31 AM..