View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
THE Suicide Squad is not funny or fun. It’s nihilistic and visually repellent.

Meanwhile, here was my mini-review of the original superior film:

Suicide Squad (David Ayer): “You are looking for friends, I’m looking for leverage”: devious Viola Davis sums up divisive Politics 2016. This post-credits dialogue with Bruce Wayne also clarifies the spiritual-comic book underpinning of auteur-producer Zack Snyder and director Ayer’s approach to the conceit of supervillains doing good. Private longings unite this team, as explored in the members’ pop song-scored backstories. Ayer externalizes this longing in graphic-novel imagery that recalls von Sternberg films and Roxy Music/Bryan Ferry music (a karaoke performance of “Love Is the Drug” notably appeared in Snyder’s own Sucker Punch). Such bracing Romanticism climaxes in the final sucker punch landed by MVP Margot Robbie’s Joker-devoted Harley Quinn who refuses to kneel at the altar of power, remaining faithful to an idolatry of love.

2016 JOHNNIE AWARD WINNER: Best Actress (Margot Robbie)
I totally disagree. The first movie was terrible. This movie actually captured the spirit of The Suicide Squad. It also has the best depiction of Harley ever. Their are gross moments it was supposed to gross people out in a fun way.