View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
First of all SAVE ME ABSOLUTELY SUCKS and should NEVER have been released as a single!!! What were they thinking???

Stevie:
Love is Dangerous should have been the first single. This introduces a new member of Fleetwood mac (Rick Vito) and has Stevie on it too. Who doesn't think this would have made a great debut?
Freedom should have been her 2nd single.

Christine:
Behind The Mask
When It Comes To Love, because this introduces a new member(Billy) and you get he and Christine, who the world was very familiar with, all in one song. If you guys tell me it was Rick she was singing this with then I am going to have to hide under a chair.

Billy:
In The Back Of My Mind should have been the 2nd single from this album, after the success of Love Is Dangerous. This is such an incredible song and totally sounds like a Fleetwood Mac song ,pre-Buckingham Nicks. This song was the opening song on the Behind the Mask Tour and worked very well in the live setting.
When It Comes To Love. See Christine singles for explanation.

Rick:
Love Is Dangerous. See Stevie singles for explanation.
I can't pick a second one right now because I haven't listened to this album in ages. I had to look at my cassette to see what songs are on this.

Overall I think the public would have been more accepting of Rick and Billy if they were introduced to the world singing duets with Christine and Stevie,(with the exception of ITBOMM) not singing songs by themselves and then they probably would have continued to be successful with their current fan base and a whole new generation of fans.
Ok. Here's my picks on this idea:

I would agree with "Love Is Dangerous" as the first single and for the reasons you state Viv.

Followed by "Do You Know", for similar reasons as "Love Is Dangerous" but with Billy and Christine.

Then "Walk Another Mile" by Rick. This sounds so much like an FM song that I can't believe it was never considered. It defies explanation.

Then "Save Me". It's classic Christine McVie/Fleetwood Mac material. Don't know why some people don't like this song. It fits perfectly.

Then "Freedom". That way, we get two new songs from Rick and Billy with Stevie and Christine, then a solo Rick, then Christine and Stevie, following up with either "When The Sun Goes Down" or "Hard Feelings" (perhaps with a little remix so that it's not quiet so slow) so that we get more Billy.

Those are my picks anyway. I've never understood why more people couldn't be more accepting of Rick and Billy and have made those feelings known on this forum many times. Both guys are awesome and really put in great performances not only on the FM material they had to work with, but also their own contributions. I do very clearly recall at the Cow Palace show in December 1987, people in the crowd were yelling "Lindsey who?!" during the performance. "What could have been" I guess.