View Single Post
Old 09-28-2021, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
I think the only song I can think of off hand that was written about him after he was married with a family was You May Be The One, which isn’t really about him pining for her as much as it’s about her being sad that they just weren’t meant to be (though it does mention Lindsey saying it took “years of regret and pain” to get past it). And I think My Heart is probably about Lindsey as well and may have been written post-1997 (not sure though since it was originally recorded in the TISL sessions that Fall From Grace and Thrown Down were recorded in, and both of those were 97). That one’s actually more so her pining for him though.
thanks for this, good to hear that some of the songs have a different / more healthy premise, telling what the songwriter is feeling, instead of projecting the feelings on someone else.

didn't Dave Stewart write the music for You May Be The One? i actually heard and liked that song, musically.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"