View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Insulting to play a GNR song in the ACDC set?

I don't see why it's not fair. I think if Slash were filling in for Angus I'd agree with you (not on insulting), but replacing a lead singer is different, in my opinion. It was the last leg of the tour, Brian wasn't returning.

I agree with what they did anyway. Keep it an AC/DC set. It's cute that Axl was singing the new songs promoting their new album.
We will just have to agree to disagree
If anything, I feel the opposite and Slash playing for AC DC would open the door more for a Guns and Roses song since he is the instrument to make it happen.
But it is insulting to AC DC fans. They paid for a ticket for AC DC. Even the arrogant Axel Rose knew it would be too much and not go over right for him to self promote and do a Guns and Roses song. He kept it about AC DC which is what it was supposed to be. But like I said the AC DC example is bad because they did not fire their vocalist and he did not quit either. It was a desperate time and the band wanted to keep going with the tour. Axel volunteered to do it and the band played on.
If you have the honor of standing in for a legend vocalist in a band, you dont do your own material. Its not about you.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-06-2022 at 01:55 PM..