Thread: Straight Back
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 03:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Straight Back is one of those album tracks that should have made it to the stage. When touring for a new album it would be nice if each of them featured at least two of their new songs.

Christine and Lindsey typically perform at least two or more new songs. But on the Mirage tour, as well as the Tango tour, Stevie only featured only new song. Only Gypsy was performed, but That's Alright or Straight Back would have fit in quite nicely. The song seems no more vocally demanding than any other songs she sings.

Even though they've thrown in some curve ball songs here and there in their sets, they are fairly conservative in their selections, pandering to casual fans whose stunted fandom may only consist of Rumours and Greatest Hits.

They subscribe to a "if it works, drive it into the ground" and "people don't want to hear new songs" mentality, severely limiting their flexibility. But in this latter stage in the band's lifespan, to expect any radical shift in their manner is senseless. Mining their overlooked back catalog is not the objective now.

I just hope we get one more album of new music from all five fireflies.
But strangely, I don't want to see them promote it on the road in the massive scale of their current tour. I can only imagine the physical/mental toll it takes to fulfill such a demanding schedule, even though they are the consummate road warriors.

In my dream they do a Dance-like move and film a special show featuring the majority of their new album, along with rarely or never performed songs from their catalog, release it as a CD/DVD.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 05-03-2015 at 03:21 AM..