Thread: Don’t Stop
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2023, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Don't Stop has an interesting history on stage. It was not in the set on the Rumours tour. It was added for several shows on the last leg. Oh Daddy, YMLF, and Songbird were Chris's songs on the tour. I suppose it being a late single it was not rehearsed in the tour rehearsals. It was really showcased on the Tusk tour where it was very early in the set. It also held an early spot on the Mirage tour. During Chris's solo tour, she made Don't Stop a closer which worked really well. It also was a closer on the Tango, BTM, and Farewell tours. In 1992 it became a political anthem and had new life. It worked into the Dance several years later quite nice with a brass section for their video concert. When Chris left, IMHO Fleetwood Mac concerts seemed empty without Dont Stop and Chris. Dont Stop was the song that reintroduced Chris back with the band on stage in Ireland. Its such a positive anthem similar to Don't Stop Believing with Journey. I love everything about the song. Chris's shuffle made the song but the production with Lindsey gave it that sweetness that took the song to another level.
I didn't like this song for a long time. Now, I appreciate it like you do. It has quite the history! I loved her version on the 1984 tour. She covered it really well. Also, it's one of the songs that I don't want to hear Stevie on.
It's pure BuckVie.