View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Yeah, but the rekindled bromance between Mick and Lindsey has been crickets since Azoff's comments.
i know you really wanted Mick to join Lindsey on his solo tours, for reasoning i still don't understand, and sorry that now you seem disappointed.

that said, Mick is not promoting anything right now, so of course he's not saying anything. all his statements came when he was promoting his FM / PG project recording that was coming out at the time.

on the other hand, Lindsey is now promoting something, therefore now he's the one talking about the bromance and soulmates. that said, even all Lindsey interviews were back in August, not now.

so the timeline you seem to imply doesn't really exist.

yes, Azoff is lucky Lindsey didn't sue specifically him as his manager who screw him over back in 2018, and was in on Fleetwood Mac breaking the contracts they had in place for 2018 tour. but Lindsey had in his lawsuit something like the FM 4 plus associated people, so i'm sure Azoff was not happy loosing a part of that tour income to Lindsey.

Lindsey said all Azoff cares about is money. then Azoff came out with the statement basically saying - hey all i care about is money!

Lindsey said - it was Stevie who was behind the ultimatum. then Stevie came out and said no no no no no he's lying - it was I who gave the ultimatum.

why Lindsey was paying Azoff as his manager all those years is completely beyond me, because now when we see the promotion under Lindsey's new management, it's completely clear that other than talking money and instead belittling him for not being commercial enough solo, Azoff was doing beyond crappy job for Lindsey.

that all said, i completely agree with you now that Azoff even though not FM manager at the time, is apparently someone who holds the grudges if someone denies him his planned money and was unhappy with Christine's getting Lindsey to say that Classics were just a sad moneygrab.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"