View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Ssshhh... That would make Lindsey look, well, you know...
Partly guilty of subterfuge.

After all, they don’t call it the big machine for nothing!

I got played in 1997 when, after a decade of musical meandering and innocuousness, the five got back together with a seemingly new maturity in which each member’s strengths were lovingly highlighted and all the band’s quirks were celebrated again by critics and the public, as in days of old. I was gullible enough to think that the reunion ethos would settle over all the band’s activities from that point on. But then Christine went and left, and Stevie trotted back off to the solo career (the career that was initially started to accommodate a band that wouldn’t record enough for her taste), and the others kind of stood around wondering, “What happened to our new dawn?” That flush of excitement and good will didn’t even last a year.

I’m not certain that this band and its surrounding machinery engineer all this drama so far out into the future. I think what happens is that someone gets annoyed and turns dramatic and creates a sort of activity vacuum, and the rest of the team spills in because of gravity, and all sorts of hokum is disseminated to the press. Despite their reputation, I don’t think Fleetwood Mac are very resilient — I think they have always responded like a simple life form in a petri dish when you poke it with a small instrument.

moviekinks.blogspot.com