View Single Post
Old 12-23-2022, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Destiny Rules is a great driving song.

I used to listen to it cycling home from work late at night, hurtling past the city lights and along a dark river. Now it always takes me back there.
Absolutely.
It was my jogging CD if you could picture that today its laughable but if you remember when portable CD players came out they would skip if you jerked it or ran with it. The more expensive ones did not skip and I was so proud of it. So much of the album has an intenseness good for running or cycling. Even songs like Illume are angry and make you give that extra punch. When Everybody Finds Out came on, my pace would definitely pick up.
Your line about cycling next to a dark river with city lights in the background brings me to:
I like the coastal cities, I like the lights
I like the way the ocean bends into the city at night
It's like living on a working river this coastline is glittering
Like a diamond snake In a black sky

I love when the music hits home like that

When OSOTM came out I was under the influence of something walking along Daytona Beach at night listening to the cassette. It was one of the most magical times in my life and the part in Ghosts "and you feel as if someone is following you" I would always turn around and look

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-23-2022 at 06:17 PM..