View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^I don’t see in the article where the success of this song was attributed to Lindsey’s leaving. Did I miss something?

Error I noticed: “Hold Me was a top 10 hit, not a top 20 hit.

The song is impeccable. I remember thinking at the time that this was one instance on the record where everyone was present and in great form. John’s bass, Lindsey and Stevie’s famous vocal interchange on the chorus, Mick’s classic heart beat drumming, Christine’s sly, ironic songwriting and seductive vocal…

I remember the article from CREEM, which is where Mick has noted that Lindsey appeared to be “giving his notice in the press.” You can tell the other members didn’t expect that: Christine said she wanted to do another solo album with Lindsey producing; Stevie talked a lot about Lindsey’s naked vocal on “When I See You Again,” even taking credit for his solo singing by declaring that she removed her own vocal from what was a duet after it was recorded; Mick was clearly anticipating a lucrative come-back tour…So none of them appear to have been expecting Lindsey’s resignation.