View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 03:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoetinmyhear View Post
I believe your tone might be a bit hostile in the first paragraph and your use of the word objectionable. I think you are confusing someone calling out for something new or a deep cut to the drunk guy yelling "go your own way" after every song.

Apologies if I misread your tone and I do agree that you don't want to disrespect the thought that he will have already put into coming up with a setlist but I don't believe this is a band or person that shouldn't hear that we don't just need Go Your Own Way, Trouble, Tusk, Go Insane, etc.
I appreciate your rebuttal. It wasn't my intent to sound hostile. You were right in your insight; I was sort of unconsciously imagining a dramatic, overreaching scenario: an aggressive, unruly bunch of marauders, carrying torches, charging the stage, demanding change; poised to burn down the venue if their demands weren't met!

I believe that they (Fleetwood Mac/Lindsey) sort of live a bubble, with little understanding of what longstanding, die-hard fans want from them: making new music as well as taking stock in their work that gets ignored, in favor of their most popular songs, which have been worked into the ground. I can understand why, for commercial reasons, their choices appeal more to a larger, more casual fan base, rather than and informed hardcore fans who are more familiar with their body of work of than they (the band) are.

It will ever happen, but if the band, in an effort to freshen up their set lists, posted a poll to see which songs (excluding their staple hits)their longstanding fans would like to see in their set lists. I bet it would be a quite an eye opener. But the point is pretty much mute, since they likely will cease being a band within a few years. My only wish is that they finish and release a new album., forgo another massive tour, but make a few intimate performances featuring a fair amount of new songs, and release a live CD/DVD, similar to The Dance.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-26-2015 at 04:23 AM..