View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The 1975-76 tour was my favorite. I loved the paraphrasing. “Over My Head,” “World Turning,” and “Rhiannon” were masterpieces in their live form.

I understand why Lindsey didn’t like the paraphrasing. He had worked so hard on creating studio gems only to pare them down for a live show. He doesn’t strike me as the type who can divorce himself from the finished product. The thing is, there’s also an art to stripping down a song to its essentials and taking it to a different place. A concert is a completely different way to experience the music. It SHOULD be different. Very different.
1975-1976 concerts are so wonderful. Even Get Like You Used to Be is pure performance.

I think those shows made Lindsey a better musician. I watched him over the years trying to cover so many parts and fills.

Now, his solo shows have a ton of backing tracks. I understand why he does that. He wants Don't Look Down to have those great effects. And as they all age, it's just a necessary evil. Here's to missing the old days.

I think Stevie gets blamed a lot because she broke up the 3 part harmonies by adding her posse.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 10-30-2020 at 06:54 PM..