View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 05:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It was actually a red herring. Nothing in what he said disputes the assertion that if Lindsey had stayed, they would have still used auxiliary players, that it wasn’t something that was dictated by Stevie, which was the only point I was making. In both cases, there was a degree of recreating sonic layers from the albums. Based on the rather extreme lengths Lindsey went through to do that in 1993, it completely stands to reason that he would have gone along with, if not altogether insisted, on augmenting the band, especially for the TITN material. I don’t think any of them were interested in “paraphrasing” too much with that album.

Billy and Rick were announced six weeks before the tour started. Tours of that magnitude take longer than six weeks to put together. Obviously there had been some measure of tour planning while Lindsey was still in the band.

Lindsey was always vague about the band’s future in the TITN interviews. The more they were interviewed, the more obvious it was he didn’t want to be there anymore.

He absolutely would have wanted a percussionist. Remember, it was his idea to have Steve augment the band on the 09 and 13 tours. Listen to all of the percussion on TITN, especially his songs.

And, if they were already augmenting the band, why wouldn’t she bring her backing singers?
Yes of course tours take a long time to put together. The last Fleetwood Mac tour was planned and contracts signed almost 2 years before Lindsey was fired.

1. Lindsey never signed any contract to tour in 1987 because he would have been in breach of contract for leaving before rehearsals

2. The entire reason for the meeting at Christine's house was because Lindsey was non-committal about touring and it was a last ditch effort to convince him.

3. Yes the promoters start moving the parts of such a tour. The album was successful and it was going to be a big deal i.e. the first Mac tour in half a decade.

4. Lindsey gave his final NO right before rehearsals would have started so that is why Rick and Billy just fell into place 6 weeks before the tour

5. Christine stated in 1987 she knew Lindsey was leaving after the album. She also stated he was part inspiration of the song Little Lies. He was not open about leaving but always dropped hints which were the "little lies."

People talk in general terms all the time. In 1985 Don Henley did an interview with Musician magazine stating that some members of the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac may join a new band together. That was an off the cuff pipe dream comment. When Lindsey did talk about touring, he gave his thoughts about adding musicians. Same sort of thing. That statement was never put into any reality since he really was not on board. I was being funny when I said he did not mean Stevie's solo back up singers.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-30-2020 at 05:51 AM..