View Single Post
Old 06-19-2022, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
—Yes, most of Lindsey’s songs were recorded all by himself but “Walk a Thin Line” does feature harmonies from both Stevie and Christine. Outtake footage from the Tusk Tour doc shows this. Plus used footage shows Christine and Lindsey coming up with the background vocal arrangement together.

—Surprised more of you didn’t love “Not That Funny”! It’s great live (as one of you noted) and I love the studio version, too.

—“Brown Eyes” is exceptional. Your group’s naysayer will not be forgiven for equating the song title with a butthole.
Isn't that(in the outtakes) where Lindsey says, "as little vibrato as you can go for, Stevie"? And Christine and Lindsey have "a look" at each other, sort of rolling their eyes?

Not That Funny is Not That Good. I'll never understand the love that Lindsey has for it. It's OKAY, but that's about it. And NO SCREAMING on the live versions.

Someone pointed out years ago here, about it being about buttholes. I'd NEVER thought of it like that until then, but you know, you just can't let some things go....