View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 02:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
and he was the person who shaped the music and made them stars. Stevie and Mick were the two cocaine addicts who put the band through hell.
OFFS.

Look, if Lindsey had the power to sprinkle his studio fairy dust into rock stardom, why did his six solo albums sell less than the six post-Peter, pre-BN Fleetwood Mac albums? And, don’t give me that dipsh*t “his solo albums weren’t meant to be commercial” crap. His songs on OOTC are interchangeable with his TITN songs. Stevie had the most overall Top 40 hits and Christine had the most of the band’s Top 40 hits. I mean, yeah Lindsey is a brilliant producer, but the freakshow is what moved albums, not his production. Stevie had more Top 40 hits produced by Jimmy than Lindsey.

You know why Lindsey talked about the “43 year legacy?” Because that’s all he has. Stevie has her Hall of Fame solo career and Mick, John, and Christine have their blues roots, which, hey, Mick got the likes of Pete Townshend and David Gilmour to celebrate earlier this year. John McVie was the bassist of record on the breakout albums by John Mayall, Eric Clapton, Peter Green, Aynsley Dunbar, Mick Taylor, Mick Fleetwood, Jeremy Spencer, Danny Kirwan, Lindsey Buckingham, and Stevie Nicks. That’s ten Hall of Famers, two multiple inductees. They worked their butts of touring and playing the game and have more storied careers to show for it than Lindsey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
No they should not have been allowed...also congratulations for writing " would have " instead of would of in the title of this thread..I'm impressed!

THE Stephen Hopkins