View Single Post
Old 09-28-2021, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Is "I Don't Care" about Lindsey?
I don’t know if she’s ever said who that one’s about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
That’s interesting. I have always assumed that Fall From Grace was about Christine walking out in 1997. (“It’s not enough that you saaaay you love me…”)
Maybe some parts could possibly be about the whole The Dance tour in general, but Stevie repeatedly said most of it is about Lindsey and that he knows it and has heard it. I believe FFG, Thrown Down, and Love Changes were all written around the same time and all were about her and Lindsey in 1997.
The “say you love me” thing is interesting though because I’ve noticed her bringing seemingly unrelated FM references into other song lyrics, be it consciously or subconsciously. For example in You May Be The One she has those lines “He says ‘I’m so afraid’” / “tell me another lie” which seem pretty intentional. She also uses the phrase “mystery to me” in that same song but that one’s probably a total coincidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
didn't Dave Stewart write the music for You May Be The One? i actually heard and liked that song, musically.
Yep. You May Be The One was a poem in her journal. Dave liked it and helped her put music to it.