View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
You know what? It still was fun and fueling some passionate work. Yes her cokey banter had her trying to express 3 thoughts at once but she still looked so good. She was coked out yet her looks and performances were not impacted that much. She did a far better job at the 1983 US Festival as a solo artist than her show with the Mac at the 1982 US Festival. Her hair was feathered and she was fresh and fun. I saw her almost exactly a month after the US Festival and just one month being on the road with Joe (who was the biggest drunk and drug addict in rock at the time) took its toll. She seemed isolated, confused and not having as much fun. Its scary to think the amount of drugs that were consumed in that month. IMHO this US Festival appearance looks like its a year before the Wild Heart tour. The lousy concert reviews started during Wild Heart. She controlled the stage in 1981 and was in command. Once the Wild Heart got up and running things started to change rapidly (and not for the better).
Having said all that, this version of Outside the Rain, Angel, and How Still My Love are some of my all time solo performances.