View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy spencer
So glad u likethe album. I enjoy it too, even after many listens.
Okay, your questions! I was wondering when this one would come up, as I was looking at this site's debate over this!
Yes, that's the old 'horse' himself playing piano on Oh Well Pt 2. Peter had to insist I do it because I wasn't sure. He knew I loved the soundtracks to the Ben Hur and King of Kings movies, and that I would (secretly) tinker around with similar melodies on the piano.

'Who's Knocking' and 'Look down at my Woman' on Blues Anytime anthology was recorded with my first band, the Levi Set at Decca Studios in the spring of 67. Ian Charles did the brushes on Woman. We did a couple of other tracks, The Sky is Crying, and I think Travelling Riverside. Long gone probably.

Mean Old Fireman, Allow me one more show, Love that Woman etc. were all recorded after I was with FM, either in CBS or Decca studios.

Ahhh, feels good to clear that up!
Feels good to have it cleared up!

It's so cool that you remember details from so long ago - one or two other Mac members (who shall remain nameless) tend to have forgotten everything!

One thing I was wondering was if there are any recordings from your time travelling around the world - I remember reading that you did some recordings in Brazil - were any of those released at the time?

I'll add to the thumbs-up for the new album as well - it's getting better with each time I listen to it