View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't decide which is worse between Diane and Empire. Depends on the day.

I love Not That Funny, always have, always will. However, his obsession with long orgasmic groans and "Here I come" live nearly killed it. Worse even than "Bark like a dog" which always taints Holiday Road for me.

Is Doesn't Anything Last even a full, finished song? Sounds like a rough demo in progress to me. So that shouldn't count.

Miss Fantasy is pretty awesome, made more so by John's bass line. A statement that could apply to any number of FM songs.

It Takes Time isn't that bad at all. I don't get the hate. Do agree the synth lines are too sappy. I think he was trying to make up for the lack of Christine and her song sensibilities... but it would have been far better served by one of his signature acoustic guitar outros. I mean, his acoustic outro on Wassamatta Baby is what makes even that turd remotely listenable for me.

Illumination, One Take, both are at the top of my awful list, and I'd take Oh Diane over either of them on any day

Not a huge fan of some of his drawn out, droney vocals songs like Shadow of the West, Save Me a Place, oh and I usually skip Underground even though the acoustic guitar is good. And not a huge fan of the whole DW Suite pieces either.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 06-28-2022 at 11:45 PM..