View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How has it been 18 years? That is just insane and I feel very old. I was 22 and just finished my last semester of college. It came out just as I was finishing my 'extended' summer internship from the year prior and starting my first post-college full time employment at the same company. I can still remember sitting in my little intern cubicle in the center of an Accounting department listening to the little clock radio on my desk at 10am when Peacekeeper was released because the local classic rock station was going to play the first new single from the new Fleetwood Mac album. It was a great time...and now I'm 40? Bah!

I tend to like the album more than many here. But it ended up being too long and has what I consider a lot of clunkers. I've never found the appreciation for Illume that so many have. My favorites:

Thrown Down - this still holds up
Miranda - great beat, catchy
Say You Will - Stevie trying to be Christine. It's not great, but it works. The ending with the kids is lame
Peacekeeper - Again, like the previous song, it's not great, but it works. A solid Lindsey song, I'd put it on the same shelf as Eyes of the World, In My World, or Big Love
Running Through the Garden - I love this one and wish it would've remained in the set beyond Columbus
Steal Your Heart Away - Classic Fleetwood Mac sound...hmmm, I wonder why??
Bleed to Love Her - Another one that has that classic sound...and it didn't hurt that I knew it already from The Dance
Everybody Finds Out - my absolute favorite. A real kick-a$$ song. This 100% should have had the hell played out of it throughout the tour and become a regular in the greatest hits tours that followed.

It completely misses Christine in so many ways. Add 3 of her songs and her voice on the above songs, and it would be a knock out album. But for what they were trying to do, I think it worked. It's not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. And I think it's as listenable as Mirage or Tango still.