View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

On Friday I listened to the Madison Blues two-disc set, which with a couple of exceptions didn't particularly excite me, but then that's just me.

Having already done Kiln House, Bare Trees and Future Games, on Saturday morning I did Penguin, putting The Derelict on repeat four times. Hard to grow tired of that one!

I then attended an 87th birthday party and on the way home subjected my wife (who had got a lift there from her sister) to Mystery to Me. She did turn it off once - only once which is good for her and Fleetwood Mac.

Those two albums, with the fantastic Heroes (which I will listen to this morning) are still, in my opinion, the best that Fleetwood Mac has to offer. Christine before she went sugar-coated pop, Bob Welch in full flight, and of course for just two tracks Dave Walker.

Funnily enough though I was listening to (I'm A) Roadrunner, and although it isn't his strongest effort nor the strongest effort by the Mac, it surely isn't the terrible song that most people think it is. Even the supporters of The Derelict don't like it.