View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My Top 12 March 1983

imported thread from christinemcvie.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail
As discussed on the "craziest" thread I've found the cassette with this interview on. This was a BBC radio programme where musicians were invited to put together an imaginery album of 12 of their favourite songs. They also talked about their career etc. I've had a quick listen to it (it's about an hour long) and listed the songs Christine picked. Here they are:

Satisfaction - Rolling Stones
I want you - The Graham Bond Organisation
Layla - Derek and the Dominoes
Casseopia Surrender - Mick Fleetwood
Babylon Sisters - Steeley Dan
Waterfalls - Paul McCartney
Cathy's Clown - The Everly Brothers
When I fall in Love - Nat King Cole (a lovely song to listen to at 3 o'clock in the morning)
Woman - John Lennon
I love L.A. - Randy Newman
Down Under - Men at work
Frozen Love - Buckingham Nicks (they sing beautifully together)

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to transcribe the whole thing but I might know someone who could transfer it to a CD and then I could post it somewhere like You Send it. I'll see what I can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer McVie
Casseopia Surrender is my favorite song from The Visitor! I find that "anvil" sound to be hypnotic. Cool
Quote:
By the way I forgot to say that the comments in brackets are Christine's not mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcviefan
Thanks, Gail! That's a very interesting list. I have quite a few of those songs. "Layla" is one of my favorite songs by anyone. And, I knew she'd get a Steely Dan song on there.
Quote:
I'm not sure I'm going to be able to transcribe the whole thing but I might know someone who could transfer it to a CD and then I could post it somewhere like You Send it. I'll see what I can do.
That would be even better than transcribing it. I was going to say something about transferring it to a digital format in my earlier post, but I didn't want to be presumptious. Good luck & thanks so much
Quote:
Quote:
Casseopia Surrender is my favorite song from The Visitor! I find that "anvil" sound to be hypnotic. Cool
I like that whole album too, really every song. I like this album version of "Walk A Thin Line" better than Lindsey's Tusk version.
Quote:
Quote:
By the way I forgot to say that the comments in brackets are Christine's not mine
That's what I figured. I didn't think you stayed up til 3 a.m. listening to Nat King Cole.
Quote:
Quote:
I like that whole album too, really every song. I like this album version of "Walk A Thin Line" better than Lindsey's Tusk version.
WATL- Me, too.
I do like the songs in English better than the African ones(Hey! How's a guy supposed to sing along?!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
"a lovely song to listen to at 3 o'clock in the morning"

LOL!!!

thanks for this gail!
Quote:
OK I've found somewhere that will convert the tape to a CD

Hurrah!

I don't know how long this will take so don't hold your breath
Quote:
Great news!
Quote:
I have mp3s of them. Somebody posted them all as mp3s on the Ledge. I still don't know how do Yousendit, though. I can send em to anyone that wants em(if your email will take em).
Quote:
When were they posted? Do you have the entire 1 hour interview? I can't believe I missed this.

Homer, do you still have the same e-mail address? Do you mind if I e-mail you? If not, I can send you a private message on the Ledge.

By the way, YouSendIt is easy. You just have to register, which is easy & free. As soon as you have your account set up, then you can upload what you want to send. It's very simple. Even I can figure it out.
Quote:
Oops, my bad. I thought we were talking about Mick's The Visitor album. I think it was Steve McD who posted mp3s of The Visitor. That's what I have.
Quote:
Oh, OK, I misunderstood your post. I thought it was strange that I'd never seen this interview posted on the Ledge, since I never even knew this interview existed until last week.

I do remember when Steve posted both The Visitor & I'm Not Me. By the way, both of those albums are surprisingly very, very, very good.