View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
It looks to me like they did make efforts to respond from the facts you posted above. I cannot explain why FEMA didn't accept some of the help either, but it surely wasn't because they weren't concerned about the people in New Orleans. That said, certainly any problems should be addressed and corrected. I'm just giving relief workers the benefit of the doubt. As for "defending W," his name didn't even come up in my post.
So, denounce him now if that is not what you implied. The buck stops at him and even he admits his actions were inadeqaute

Again, if it were not for the massive public outcry, I truly believe the vast majority of the people would still be in the Superdome and at the Convention Center.

Also, I know you care about the people in NOLA and have said nothing to the contrary. I also know that you are saying the people actually giving relief - the people in the field - are doing a great job - I agree, they are. My beef is with the brass and I think we cannot complain enough about them.

In fact, I just got off of the phone with my brother who said FEMA is still refusing assistance from some. I mean how much more of this are we to take before getting out the march on Washington

save the cheerleader - save the world