View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 06:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Not a chance that’s true. Just off the top of my head, that Rhiannon is clearly from the Rumours tour. And I don’t believe Over My Head was played on the Tusk Tour.
Correct. Over My Head was not the Tusk tour. This reissue is a grab bag of tours.

The Rhiannon on the live album is absolute perfection. Damn it rocks and the vocals and everything is humming like a well oiled machine. As much as I LOVE the Mirage concert and all the songs, Rhiannon is the low point. Stevie mailed in the performance and the song just does not have the tempo and power as earlier tours.

If I had 2 questions to ask Lindsey. One would be about the urban legend about the tracking on Tusk and the other would be why in the world did the band include a song on the live album where his guitar string breaks at the end. Maybe they thought this was cool? You can hear someone (sounds like Chris) say at the end..."you broke a string didn't you" Now that is some weird s**t. Sara live is so wonderful it does not need touching yet they went to great efforts to touch the song for the album. Yet of all the Don't Stop performances, this is the one they picked. Strange. no?

(note to someone: I know the record company selects the songs so please hold the lecture. But the band could have corrected this)

The Live album has always been probably my favorite because back then Fleetwood Mac live vs the studio was like a different band. When I lived in West Palm Beach there used to be a hard rock station that never played anything from Fleetwood Mac because of course they were not hard rock. However, they would play the live album's Oh Well. Lindsey is on fire and John and Mick are flaming even more. Listen to that bass and Micks ending. Damn they were tight! (OMG, I said damn twice on this post ..now 3 times)

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-12-2021 at 06:47 AM..