View Single Post
Old 01-17-2023, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Hmm. Interesting. To me this feels like a bit of excessive ego, not really like Christine. She could have written: "I'm Christine McVie, and you're not."

Anyway, I don't have to like it, and I don't. But I still love Christine as much as ever.
Its possible that someone else came up with it and she just accepted it. That happens with nicknames too. They get assigned to you and you just accept your fate. Someone could have said it, they all laughed and everyone including her kept it around.
Personally I love it. After all those drunken and crazed antics from the guys she was around on the road with......she needed a phrase to keep them in line

I think it works rather well

Stevie: I should be on backing vocals on Everywhere. I am going to tell Rolling Stone that I had nothing to do with this album.
Chris: I wanted you on backing vocals but you were not around. I'm Christine F*******McVie. Now sit down, shut up and take another tranquilizer darling. I've had just about enough of your Whatsa matta babies to last me a bloody lifetime *****lighting up a smoke*****

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-17-2023 at 01:02 PM..