View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
You’ve reminded me of all those years ago, listening to Rockline on live call-in radio, and all those clueless potheads got chosen to ask the questions — and their questions were invariably (I don’t mean largely or mostly, I mean invariably) asinine, brainless, slow-witted, fatuous, ludicrous, moronic, dumbass, and doltish. Used to really frustrate the rest of us, who actually knew something about the band, life, etc., and could ask a decent question.

Sometimes, I would listen to such programs when they had David Bowie or Paul Westerberg or David Byrne or Zappa, and I would wonder just why their fans asked questions that were so much more intelligent. I had to conclude that the Mac fan base was largely or mostly (but not invariably) a little slow. It sounds unwholesome and elitist, but I think the matter came down to the collective IQ differential. This was years ago, of course.
You are so right. I will never forget when the Mac did Rockline to promote the greatest hits album in 1988. The final caller's question was "What do you guys think about advertising?" ******long silence***** Christine says, advertising? Well if you have a product its good to let people know about it.

Ok thank you , that's all the time we have for questions.

Good grief. That person stayed on the line for hours and gets the last question to ask the dumbest question of all time.