View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
With respect, this is a message board. So does anything on this message board really matter other than a serious discussion of a social issue in Chit Chat?
No. And, I’ve been the one stating that it’s just a rock band. The amount of vitriol expressed about Lindsey’s firing is really out of proportion around here. It seems to trickle into every thread, even one completely unrelated (i.e. RIP Spencer Davis).

Quote:
I think people come here to escape problems in their real life like illness, homelessness, adultery, etc.
So, putting MORE negativity out in the ether helps? How does being dramatic and negative about absolute minutiae help escape problems?

Quote:
We're not in a college course so shouldn't people be able to have a free exchange of ideas without being met with belittling questions like "Who cares?"

What should the answer to "Who cares?" be: "You don't so I won't post like that anymore. Sorry!"?
Well, “who cares” is generally considered a rhetorical question, so there’s that.

In the context of this discussion, Lindsey was out of the band, they needed a guitarist, Mick called Mike, and they didn’t know each other prior to that call, aside from each having a working relationship with Stevie Nicks. Those are the basic facts that wouldn’t change regardless of how it was presented.

THE Stephen Hopkins