Thread: Time
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Funny thing about Dave Mason is that I actually like his songs on Time way better than I like his solo stuff up until that point.
Ooh. I can't get behind that. "Alone Together" is just a masterpiece. There are few albums I've ever heard that match the sheer beauty of its production, Fleetwood Mac or otherwise. I also love the record he made with Mama Cass and "Let It Flow". Even "Two Hearts" was pretty good. I think Mick hoped that THAT was the Dave Mason he was getting. Hard Rocker isn't the first thing I'd say about Mason, and it was an unnatural role for him in the Mac. Also, that second Traffic album is pretty killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
That's it exactly. Bekka had/has been offered big solo contracts but she declined them for those reasons. She wanted to be herself and that conflicted with their plans. I really admire that about her.
Me too. Unlike her predecessor, she saw the pitfalls of being that big when she was a kid, and chose to be an artist by day and a backing vocalist by night. She doesn't need the money and doesn't want the fame. If she palyed guitar, she'd be a hero, like the band's founder

THE Stephen Hopkins