View Single Post
Old 12-19-2002, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by joe
Maybe the Rumours booklet is wrong?! Sometimes the singer sings the song a bit different than what the lyrics read.
I don't think the Rumours booklet is "wrong" because I'm pretty sure that he says "maybe" on the Rumours album version, but he does change it in almost all live performances to "baby", so yes, you could say that the song has evolved over the years into the lyrics that he's written. However then I would have perhaps expected him to write "GYOW 2002" or something like that on it.....reason being that it's meant to be an "official set of lyrics signed by the man himself" going for potentially 1000s of dollars so shouldn't it be done in as "official" a way as possible?

Obviously if I was just sitting with him in the studio (here's dreaming) and said "hey can you write out the lyrics of GYOW for me" and he made the same "mistake" I wouldn't shout out "NO!! YOU MADE A MISTAKE!!! HAHAAHAH!!!".......

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Why didn't he just donate one of his guitars? Then at least Seteca could have been in there bidding his head off!
lol! Ahhhh....there's VERY little I wouldn't give for that Chet Atkins he used for The Dance.....!!

Even one which wasn't owned by him would be a dream come true...! A shop in the U.S. quoted me a price of 1600 DOLLARS for a Chet Atkins CE in Antique Natural finish.....then I ask for a quote from a shop here in England and the guy gives me a price of 2400 POUNDS....?!?!?!?.....SOOOOO unfair!!!!!!!