View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Well, if Mick melted it and flushed it down the toilet, then yeah, you’re right, that would be disrespectful. But that’s totally different then letting fans bid on it, in my eyes.

I’m curious what you meant when you said FM was one of the first bands inducted into the RARHOF. They were? I thought they had been nominated several times, but were only inducted after the Dance came out.

I also wasn’t aware Mick worked hard to keep Bob Welch from being included. I thought the band took a vote and Lindsey and Stevie were outvoted. Or maybe I am misremembering or read inaccurate information about that. I don’t remember Mick being the mastermind behind the decision to keep Bob free being part of the honor.
My brain and fingers were not on the same page. I meant to say they got in first ballot which is an honor which means the first year they were eligible they made it. Is it not 20 years before someone can be nominated?
At least my memory is they got in first ballot. In any event, IMHO it does not matter when. Mick will be the first living member to sell his award I believe.