View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I would think the achievement of gold and platinum records would be passed on to his kids and grandkids showcasing his success. When Bare Trees was released it would have been a dream for the album to go Gold. Who would guess that the album eventually did go Gold many years after release and Mick would sell his gold record. You would think he was destitute.
If my dad was a famous rocker who left me his gold or platinum albums when he died, the first thing I would do is sell them. Maybe Mick knows his kids have no interest in that stuff and has decided to cash in now and make the money part of their inheritance. Who knows? Would I do that, if I had gold or platinum certificates? No. But if they were my dads? Hell yeah I’d sell them. And selling his RRHOF trophy isn’t a big deal to me- whether he keeps the award or sells it or melts it for scrap metal or uses it as a door stopper, he’s still in the HOF regardless. It’s not an insult if he offers it for auction. The honor is still his, no matter what he does with the trophy.

At least the fans have a chance to buy the items.