View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's kind of sad how much stock he and Wendy both put into his exclusion. I mean, I get it. But there are MANY glaring omissions from the HOF.
Apples and oranges my dear friend or in your case should I say corn and hay. True dat! There are MANY glaring omissions from the HOF. 100% Correct. However Bob's exclusion was the band's creation. Pat Benatar not in the HOF is a glaring omission. Its not the same when the band cock blocks you from admission. And this has happened before too. Deborah Harry blocked Blondie's original drummer from admission and playing at the HOF. The HOF let in EVERY member of the Grateful Dead's countless line ups yet would not allow all members of Kiss in and only inducted the current line up. This led to Kiss boycotting the event. However both these scenarios are not a comparison to Fleetwood Mac. Did they not induct earlier members too like Peter Green? Yet the band took issue with one of the most pivotal members in the band's history. Long story short, the Bob exclusion does not quite fit in other examples of HOF dramas.

Having said all this there is something disturbing about Bob's case that annoys the hell out of me. Because the drama of the Fleetwood Mac induction came on the heals of The Dance and a huge reunion, it could have been interpreted that Bob was being greedy and trying to cash in on the band's new success. Nothing could be further from the truth. Bob's lawsuit we assume was about royalties and it was filed during the Mac's darkest days. The band's Time album went cardboard and even everyone's solo career had run out of steam. The Dance led to huge album sales of all Mac's albums including those that Bob was a part of. However in the mid 90s not many people were running out to buy Mac albums. Fleetwood Mac was playing night clubs around the country. When Bob filed Mick probably freaked out since he needed those nickels and dimes to stay afloat. What could be the most Bob was asking for. Those early Mac albums were not platinum (or at least not some of them yet). He probably shot for the moon and asked for $500k and hoped for a settlement for $250k. The Mac probably spent more on legal bills than any small royalty pay out. For Bob $200K would have been a huge pay day. It was so greedy and stupid to argue over peanuts on early Mac albums. So yes, I am bitter still to this day over all of this. But lets not forget. Chris had just bought a house and was in the midst of remodeling it. I think we heard this excuse before.
The Bob Welch and friends concert is one of the greatest concerts ever. They clearly got along until one day things looked bleak and threw him overboard. $$$$$$$$

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-18-2022 at 04:14 PM..