View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Bob was a very good, inventive guitar player and a unique singer. But his true legacy, I think, is in songwriting. Most of the songs from the Welch-years Mac albums and at least a half-dozen tunes from various solo albums (even beyond his three or four solo singles) are ripe for reinterpretation by an artist who can reach a wider audience. Some of the best candidates for this are his less-celebrated tunes. Miles Away, The Ghost, Watch the Animals, Emerald Eyes, and Angel—to name just a few.

And then there are the stunners—Future Games, Lay It All Down, Hypnotized, Night Watch....

He gave a lot.

Ultimately, the academy is responsible for his being overlooked for the RRHOF honor, but none of the core trio, Christine in particular, would advocate for him. If you watch The Dance rehearsal interview with the Rumours lineup, her anger is evident even at Mick’s mention of Bob’s name.

The snub from RRHOF should have been corrected years later, once all the animosity had passed. But again, no one in the band would step forward to advocate. Bob died feeling undervalued and forgotten. He wasn’t. He isn’t.
It's kind of sad how much stock he and Wendy both put into his exclusion. I mean, I get it. But there are MANY glaring omissions from the HOF.