View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Even if I test negative while feeling symptoms of COVID-19, I shouldn't be going to a concert as an attendee or as a performer because there's a chance days later I could be positive, and I've just spent days spreading it.
i don't know, it's really nuanced these days. good thing is we got vaccines and treatments now. and current variants do seem to stay in upper respiratory tract, instead of immediately moving to the lungs. and even in non-pandemic times, if you have a cold/flu, and can afford to you should work from home and not go into office and spread it around. of course, many people on many jobs don't have that luxury.

what exactly are symptoms of covid? they start the same as allergies or cold, and if it is covid and you are lucky, that might be all you have. bunch of people i know keep telling me they have symptoms of cold or allergies this spring. and most don't test, unless they know they've been exposed and maybe not even then. if you have to go to work, many people cough and sneeze, and most places don't require masks anymore. most just chuck it to spring allergies, or more viruses spreading now when everyone is unmasked, that masks used to stop.

and there are many people who have no symptoms whatsoever and yet when they get tested they turn out positive.

remember White House Correspondents Dinner? and Trevor Noah's remarks? "people what are you doing? you know better! this sh*t spreads like crazy!"

everyone there was vaxxed and boosted and tested negative that day, their temperature checked etc etc. and for 10 days now one by one bunch of people who were there tested positive.

that said, i do agree that if you have some cold symptoms and you are planning to go to a show with bunch of people, might be good idea to test and make sure you don't spread it. but most of the US is free-for-all right now. no masks on planes and other transport is really not helping at all either. when i went to see LB in Ohio last month, i was the only person in my hotel wearing a mask. most people pretend it's gone. of course others who were lucky it didn't touch them pretend it never even existed. and performers keep testing.

mods feel free to remove this if needed - considering unfortunately science, disease and treatments were made political in the last few years, and nobody even attempts to understand the nuances of science and medicine.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"