View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 03:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
I talked to a friend of mine that is a Libertarian, but a thoughtful political thinker. He thinks The Obama/McCain vote will be much closer than alot of people think. The reason: because Obama is African-AMerican, and my friend told me whether or not SOME people will admit it, they will not vote for him for that one simple reason. So let me ask the question that needs to be asked, whether we all like it or not. Do you agree with my friend and why,or do you not agree and why?
There sadly may be some truth to that ..When I was 20 years old in 1982 I voted for a black man as the Governer of California ,Tom Bradley the then mayor of Los Angeles who was ahead in all the polls but somehow lost to some awful Reagan wannabe Duekmajin (not sure if that is the correct spelling)It is thought to this day that people actually told the pollsters they would vote for Bradley and when they got in the booth did not because of his race..I was very disappointed then .I hope the country has moved past that kind of ignorance.