View Single Post
Old 12-30-2002, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
I'm sorry you don't recognize a joke when you see it.
Sorry if the punchline to that one escaped me... but I'll be sure to not take you seriously in the future.

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
In fairness, however, I think if you come on this board to say that two thirds of Lindsey's solo work is expendable, it is reasonable to expect a reaction.... You chose to go off on a tangent and say most of the man's solo work is only good enough to throw away. I'm sure that if one of the Lindsey fans made a statement on the Stevie board that two thirds of her solo work is expendable, he/she would be crucified. And you know it.
I can understand how one might take offense with my comment (which really was just that, and not a "tangent" at all), if such comments about Lindsey were the only things I ever contributed to these boards... but that's certainly not the case.

And yes, I am guilty of going off-topic, but that momentary lapse was not without precedent in this thread... so I didn't think I was out of bounds.
Regardless, I did (and still do) apologize to Tuigirl for that.

As far as how well similar comments would, or wouldn't, go over on the Stevie Forum... I think it's pretty safe to say that such statements have been made there countless times, and I haven't seen any crucifixions yet.

David... thank you for your comments. I always appreciate your insights.
I'm certainly no stranger to being criticized for my musical tastes (try being a major Mac fan in the late '80s, when all of your peers are ga-ga over Guns 'N Roses & Metallica!), and I usually let things roll off my back... but I noticed a trend developing around here, so I thought I'd voice my displeasure with it.
And I'm glad I did (again, with all apologies to Tuigirl).

Anyway, there are no hard feelings on my part ("life's too short to play in those kinds of games...."), and it's water under the bridge.

Johnny Stew

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 12-30-2002 at 09:21 PM..