View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I take sides. I’m team Lindsey, even when it’s clear his personality is “much.”

I should say my disappointment with Stevie began when she slow rolled and then boycotted new Mac music—and her “I don’t understand their premise” comment regarding the LB/CM album that emerged despite her boycott. That disappointment became disgust when she played chess with her celebrity and got the band’s creative soul fired. Add astonishment to disgust when she released “Show Them the Way,” written from a point of view so delusional and tone deaf to the current National conversation about race and equity. She’s lost the proverbial plot. As a life-long fan of the band, I’m embarrassed by her.

Unlike some here, I am a fan of Lindsey’s solo music, have often preferred it to his Mac songs, am a fan of Christine’s music, and have loved about 10-12 Stevie solo songs from her entire catalogue.

New music is my main interest.
I agree, well stated.

Stevie fell off my radar in a very gradual way. Between 2005-2008 I was in college. Between ticket prices and really stale setlists, I just quit going to see her on those solo tours. I saw her once in 2005 and that was the last time I saw her solo.

Witnessing a potential follow-up album to SYW be discussed and never happen and then watching all efforts for a Fleetwood Mac album in 2009, 2013, 2015 being blocked by her really disappointed me.

Also, the personality shift that occurred around 2011 with the passing of her mother was, IMO, quite noticeable. The ego really took off to new heights around that time.

I attended 2014/2015 Fleetwood Mac shows to primarily see Christine and Lindsey.

It's a bummer because I was a really big Stevie fan, but the way things evolved caused me to lose all respect and interest. It's no secret that Lindsey is no saint and his past has numerous troublesome spots. I'm just not somebody who subscribes to Stevie being completely innocent in every single circumstance. They've both thrown an incredible amount of daggers at each other over the years.