View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
in one of John's Q&As here he also said the same thing...something like how it didn't really see the point in Chris being involved if she couldn't promote the project.
I also remember him saying something like it would have been sad if she’d been involved if her heart wasn’t fully into it.

Quote:
But then in another question, which to me is like a complete turnaround, he said how he thought there was good stuff on Chris's In the Meantime album, but how he thought he and Lindsey and Mick might have helped out on it a bit. Basically saying 'the music would ave been better had we all worked on it together.'

so part of him wanted to work on her music, while the other part didn't see the point if she wasn't gonna tour? I don't really get it.
I think it’s him kind of saying the same thing she was talking about in the second half of the ITM interview. He was missing her as much as she was missing him and Mick.

I agree that she shouldn’t have been a member of the band on SYW if she wasn’t going to tour. They needed to be able to function as an entity in full, and she wasn’t able or willing to at that point. However, I think there was room for compromise. She should have played keyboards and contributed harmony vocals and they should have been her backing band on her “solo” album.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 01-24-2023 at 11:21 PM..