Thread: RIP Eddy Q.
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
They had this planned before Musicares. They found their excuse.
Between Mick’s “Love That Burns” book, Stevie’s 24KG tour, Lindsey’s Classic comments, the rendezvous in Italy, Tom Petty’s passing, and the breakdown during the tour negotiations in November, 2017, I think Lindsey was toast long before MusiCares.

I have this mental image of Stevie and Mick being at their wits end during that November meeting and Azoff asking Stevie, after everyone went home, what Mike Campbell‘s been up to lately.

Quote:
The other side of it was that Stevie and Lindsey were fighting all the way since 2003. (and a lot during the Dance Tour) I remember Christine mentioning that she did get sick of that tension as they grew older. There had to be some relief she didn't have to be in the middle anymore. It just sucks that Stevie didn't just go have her solo career. But, I think that might hurt her in some ways. And sales wise hurt the band.
I agree, but from the perspective of Mick, John, and the machinery around Fleetwood Mac, losing Stevie would have been devastating. It’s not just the band that depends on touring, it’s the roadies, techs, assistants, etc. A lot of livelihoods beyond the band depend on a massive tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins