View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Christine was the spark for Fleetwood Mac that really made them so much better as a band. Bob was a later spark where he and Christine could sing together. In the early days before Christine, the Mac was not known for singers. You can hear Christine progress with every album. She really had the knack of writing and performing great songs. I love Sugar Daddy because its a post Stevie/Lindsey era song that easily could have been performed on an earlier album. Dont Stop's shuffle could have been on Heroes without Lindsey's slick production and it still would have been excellent.

My early favorites are Mystery to Me and Heroes are Hard to Find. Bare Trees is good too. "Why" makes Mystery to Me a gem. But overall Chris's songs on Heroes are her best. She got better with every album. Prove your love and Come A Little Bit Closer are insanely good. I wish during the Stevie/Lindsey era that Chris would have remade Come A Little Bit Closer with Stevie and Linsey's harmonies. I think it would have been a smash hit.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-09-2020 at 02:10 PM..