View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I get his anti-corporate rock motto.
But the lack of commercial success his solo career definitely used to bother him. Not sure about today. I'm not saying he was in competition with Stevie. But I bet if his solo career had taken off, he may have never come back to the Mac. .
that's interesting thought - you mean during Tusk time or during OOTC time? during OOTC time definitely. during Tusk time, i never thought about it, but you are probably right. and would have been way better outcome for him, probably.

and, i have no doubt Stevie and Lindsey were in never ending competition, solo and for the power in the band. if you were at any Mac show somewhere upfront in the last decade, you would see their competition as light as a day, if you were observing them.

after SYW, during UTS time, i think Lindsey has made peace with not having commercial solo career, and that competition stopped from his side. that said - any artist wants people to hear their music. so yes, i'm sure he wants audience to be there and hear what he has to say. but he's done with wanting arena-sized audiences and huge sales for solo stuff.

what is really bizarre to me, is that after she has effectively won their FM power struggle and should now be done and enjoy her victory, Stevie seems to still be in some kind of weird "i will end you and always one-up you" competition with Lindsey... like, of all NYE televised events, why ask Lindsey's friend Keith Urban to join his NYE event? why not join her friend Sheryl on ABC / in NoLa, or someone else? she won, she never has to be on the same stage with him anymore - now she needs to move on and enjoy time she still has.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"