View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I don’t think we’re overplaying his goals. He’s never made a secret of going for the edgy or riskier option on the solo albums, especially the first two, where he had something to prove. By the time OOTC came around he was ready to welcome a bigger market—and it didn’t come. He didn’t have that star appeal (on his own) that Stevie has. THIS bothered him, especially since he propped up her FM songs and made them the iconic hits they are.

But FM without him is a sad, embarrassing state. They were interesting before him but since him they’ve plainly needed him around.
I was referring to the "Lindsey does not care about record sales" Everyone cares about success and wants to know there is a market for their talent.
While I agree the Rumours success was too much for him. But I think his feelings about that are noble but I think he jumped the gun. While Rumours was hugely successful and commercial but it was not their intent to be so commercially successful. I get his anti-corporate rock motto.
But the lack of commercial success his solo career definitely used to bother him. Not sure about today. I'm not saying he was in competition with Stevie. But I bet if his solo career had taken off, he may have never come back to the Mac.
So the "overplayed" comment was someone (cant remember who) referring Lindsey did not care about record sales. I get what they are saying but that's way over played. When you spend so much time making an album you definitely want people to buy it and come see you play.