View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
But, I think we all know they waited because without Stevie's input, TITN would not have sold as well. Then, when she gets there and makes the commitment [snip]
Commitment to what, exactly? Ten days of laying down some funky-sounding studio vocals? I mean, lemme tell ya . . . GO, Stevie!
Quote:
She could have said see ya too and gone on to sell a million more solo records - yet she did not - she stuck it out.
She stuck what out, exactly? Ten days of laying down some funky-sounding studio vocals? A two-month tour? Man, that's tough!

Quote:
Yet, the LB supporters will NEVER EVER admit that Then, the tour sells out or at least very, very well without LB at the helm, which IMO is a HUGE insult to him if not irony esp. since the same cannot be said if Stevie had backed out instead of LB. So, the debate rages on . . .
Yes, that's what it always boils down to, doesn't it? LB "supporters" are smoldering with frustrated rage because Stevie Nicks is a bigger star than Lindsey Buckingham. You nailed it, strand!
Quote:
Again, there are days I cannot stand to go to work and am not the most social when I get there. But, I am a professional and do it with a smile anyway no matter what I might think of my co-workers, etc.
I guess it's unfortunate, then, that you can't claim personal crises & drug addiction & buttinski management & God knows what all -- which would excuse you in the eyes of millions of Stevie Nicks fans -- if you ever felt like taking a year or two off from the job.

moviekinks.blogspot.com