View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Junior Ledgie

Doodyhead:

Like you, my first album by FM was Then Play On. I had to work backwards as well as forwards to catch up. Ended up getting the double release called Black Magic Woman that was nothing more than their first two albums.

I remember, initially, being disappointed with Kiln House. However, after a friend told me that was his favorite FM album I listened closer and it realized it was just different, that is what was throwing me off. As soon as I let the album itself do the talking (instead of my expectations) it grew on me.

Love that album now. Still have my vinyl but have the cd as well.

For my money, the best song on the album is TMATTYD. Danny's riff is just captivating. I think my favorite Jeremy song is Blood on the Floor. By the time I was listening to this album I was into Poco and Pure Prairie League (and many other "hippie/country" bands) so I actually began to appreciate this song as a well written tongue-in-cheek country and western bit of satire. I think it is a great song.

I think what turned me off initially was the Buddy Hollyness of it and now I even get that.