View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
“Then I ended up having a bypass operation, so we had to kick it down the road a little further. And then the pandemic hit. So it’s been a sort of running gag, to have so many false starts.”
Indication that Lindsey’s mindset is largely album-followed-by-tour. Unlike his earliest solo days, he now seems to insist that an album must be followed by a tour: that you can’t do one without the other (although I think he has toured once or twice without an album, and certainly Fleetwood Mac does this). Otherwise, I don’t know why the sixteen-month pandemic should delay an album. He could have released music since 2018 as often as he felt the impulse, and then followed up with a tour highlighted by his latest recorded work whenever the theaters opened back up. It’s not as if he has hit singles on the nation’s radios. He produces a body of work — and at some point tours as its own discrete statement, mixing and matching from throughout his catalogue. I call it the Kate Bush model. Her last tour — her first in decades — consisted of catalogue choices plus two major long-form statements from Hounds of Love and Aerial. I don’t think Lindsey would have any trouble operating this way if he chose.

moviekinks.blogspot.com