View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I want the Mirage Tour recording of Hold Me!

Tango is the only FM video I don't own(well, I think I have it on VHS somewhere). I can't stand 90% of it. All those stupid closeups. What kind of egomaniac hires a "closeup director"?
The close ups are annoying but its the lip syncing that turns me off. HELLO! Its supposed to be a live concert. I would not be surprised if Stevie was behind it since she did that for Red Rocks. If you pay attention you will also see similar visuals between the 2 videos of being far away and people have different hair compared to the close up singing. The Mac's was much better put together mostly because Stevie was a mess and even close ups could not save her Red Rocks show.
Does anyone know if other bands ever did this? This is the most ridiculous thing ever. Think about it. They recorded a live show for distribution yet gave the fans a lip synced concert aka video performance.
And why edit a concert down to 58 minutes. They did concert footage medley for Songbird and then the credits ran for only the audio version of Dont Stop. Marty Callner directed it who was a mainstay of 1980s videos and concerts.

My pet peeve: Stevie and her HUGE earrings during Gold Dust Woman when she would turn to the camera for a close up to say "OH YEAH" is so unrock n roll

And you just loved Mick's body performance.
HELP ME

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-10-2020 at 11:13 AM..