View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I think Lindsey has said some really sh&tty, nasty things to and about Stevie that were deliberately hurtful and to cut her down in front of others. He would do the "bro" thing in the studio with male engineers and co producers and with roadies and such on the road like making mocking comments about her songs, her singing, her performances, her opinions on things, right in front of her face. He knew the things she was vulnerable about and he went there. Equally bad, he would other times he would treat her like she wasn't there, and just completely and utterly ignore anything she said. There are a few small lapses in the Tusk documentary where this happens. Often he critiqued her songs for valid reasons, but equally he was a dick about it, often just to humiliate her because he could. Not nice. When you understand that layer of their relationship, it puts the "you wouldn't say that to Bob Dylan" crap into more context. It was her very clearly signaling to him that she no longer cares what he thinks about her lyrics, because she has a level of success without him and can walk away. I think of that line in Planets of the Universe she wrote about him "you will never rule again/the way you have ruled". Chris wrote about his coldness and moodiness in Over My Head 'then again you can be cold as ice' 'your mood is like a circus wheel/you're changing all the time' 'every day you hurt my pride'. When he thinks he's right and you're wrong, he can treat you like total sh&t on the bottom of his shoe.
Great take!!! But you forgot the forcing of the Say You Will sweater

I wish that video was still around.