View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish I'd been around yesterday and seen this thread. I was thinking about him all day yesterday as well. I even wrote stuff about him on my finals exams, even when it was inappropriate to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
I cannot listen to Grow Old With Me. I lie, I can listen to it and I do, it just doesn't sit well. To be written at any stage would have made it tragic, but to be part of the to-be-released recordings, well it's too tragic, as if he was expecting his own death. Listening to that followed by In My Life, plus perhaps the "I can hardly wait, to see you come of age" line in Beautiful Boy might be the key to making me cry. So might stabbing me with some kind of dagger, but the latter example isn't particularly relevant.
I can't listen to "Grow Old With Me" at all. I remember when my Mom told me about the song and brought me a copy. She played it for me in my room and we both cried. I haven't listened to it since then. "Beautiful Boy" is hard to take as well.

But I just want to stress that I will NEVER forget him, and I think that is an amazing thing, since he died before I was born (as Lux was saying as well). That didn't stop him from having an effect on me.

Hillary