View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Free Fallin' should have been played on her Australia and New Zealand 2017 Songs From The Vault Tour it took place from November 1 through November 25, 2017. If Mike Campbell's work as a Heartbreaker or songwriter had to be showcased on the 2018-2019 Fleetwood Mac Tour, they could have done Stop Draggin' My Heart Around with Neil on vocals or Mike since Mike's singing voice sounds like Tom's, Freedom from Behind The Mask, Whole Lotta Trouble, or Blue Denim. It is what it is. Behind The Mask Tour setlist blew the 2018-2019 Tour away.
And?

People would still have been pissed.

The lyrics to “Free Fallin’” were poignant as a tribute to its author, especially how she slightly changed them (“I want to write your name in the sky”).

I really don’t know why you still keep pushing this narrative that the band is somehow obliged to rules -rules you made up- to play certain songs. They could play Zep IV in its entirety for all I care (which would’ve been hilarious). I mean, god forbid they feel an ounce of external inspiration.

You complain about stale setlists and then complain when they actually do something different.

THE Stephen Hopkins